iAqualink 2.0 control board drops settings

Oct 31, 2015
FTW/TX
Hi all was wondering if anyone else as run across a problem with their iAqualink 2.0 control board drops settings after a power outage (like during a storm). I have the Rev 4.0.6 newer board, has the CR2032 battery on the back side (yes I replaced it), every time the power goes out my time and date are dropped and the system turns on. It retains the "Schedule" but drops all current time and date. Went through the app, help to run the checks, everything shows OK, haven't found any other diagnostics screen. Assumed it was the battery, but not since replaced.

thanks

James- thanks for the response; no I don't no connection for a 9Vm the board has a slot for the CR 2032 battery. I took a picture with the battery removed, if you look at the holder it shows the negative and positive side but the pins are all on the bottom. the 2032 battery has negative on the bottom and positive on the top. When inserted there is no connection to the top of the battery, odd.

Attachments

• jandy battery slot.jpg
    jandy battery slot.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 30
Go to menu-help-diagnostics to see the firmware revision letter and battery status. Revision N and newer use the 3 volt lithium battery. The revision letter is also on a sticker on the pcb. The battery might be weak or installed incorrectly.

Use the web interface instead of the app.

James- I do have a later version and utilize the 3 volt lithium battery. Were you to review the picture on my last reply, assuming the posting worked. Used the web interface as you suggested, it doesn't have a specific battery status, but does say no errors. I replaced the battery and installed positive side up (as it came from Jandy) and shown on line.

Battery status is located in Diagnostics section of System Setup Menu.
There should be connection to the positive side of the battery.
Can you post a picture of the battery in the holder?

James- thanks again. I went to system setup menu and I don't have a Diagnostics section (button). I started looking at the PCB on line and found a video and I can see the two little gold prongs (left side positive) should be on the top of the battery and in my battery holder they are pressed down on the bottom. This is the way it came, so I'm going to try and pull the prongs up to the correct position, so they will contact the top of the battery.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.