Aqua Rite salt reading is high

Sep 14, 2010
East Texas
After getting 7+ inches of rain this past weekend, the salt level in my pool was down around 2100 and the generator was off with the check salt light on. I took a reading with my Taylor salt kit and it and the Aqua Rite were within 200 parts of each other.

Yesterday I put 8 bags in which should have raised the salt about 1000 parts. My Taylor kit confirms this with a reading of 3000, but my Aqua Rite is reporting 4400.

The cell was put in service in May of 2011. It is still generating but I wonder about the difference in the 2 readings. Any ideas??

Did you shut down the SWG while adding the salt, and run for a day before turning it back on? The SWG reads an average of the salt for the last 24 hours, so if you had it running before the salt was fully mixed, it could be averaging in some very high readings. Wait a day and check it again.

Could be that salt added has not thoroughly dissolved and is concentrated at the drain intake, such that the cell is being fed with water containing the highly concentrated salt.

When my t-15 went bad, it did the opposite...read lower than existing salt levels.

Suggest running pump 24 hours straight and seeing if readings drop.

Thanks for the replies. I checked it again at noon and it is showing 3300 which is what it should have been +/- a couple of hundred. I did add the salt while the swg was running and that must have been what was going on. I just had not seen it go up like that before.

Thanks again,
Mark

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.