shopping for chlorine

marko7

Oct 27, 2015
Rancho Cordova CA
I was in Walmart and first went to the household bleach section. Great value brand seemed the cheapest but I notice some had the actual chlorine content and some of them didn't. Hard to tell what other additives they are putting in this stuff since its not listed. Obviously avoid scented etc but beyond that I'm concerned about what else they are putting in this stuff since it certainly isn't being marketed for pool use. I went over the to pool section and ended up buying a box, two gallons, of HTH brand liquid chlorine 10%.

As long as the strength is listed as 8.25% it's the right stuff. Of course, no scents or splash less. Concentrated is fine. The 10% you found is fine too. I would worry about the age though. Look for date code on it. Same is true for regular bleach. But turnover with bleach is usually fast enough that it's fresh stuff.

check the dates...the walmart I went to during a SLAM last summer had VERY old bleach
and when I opened the bottle I couldn't even smell it.

Had to return 9 bottles and exchange for fresher chlorox...that wasn't fun.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.