Designing my new equipment pad

(To the gentleman that asked about the 3x3 pad, I just don't have enough experience to comment on that. I am getting lots of help here, so you might try to start a new thread and post some photos of your situation. Welcome to the forum. Best of luck.)

Here's the latest...I've got to make some decisions about "what pipes come up where?" into the pad.

poolequipmay2710001.jpg

poolequipmay2710002.jpg

You can see that I have some flexibility on where to make the various pipes come up, but 4 feet this side of the pad is solid rock, so I'll have to pretty much stick with the trenches I've dug. Future heater will go on the far right.

poolequipmay2710004.jpg

Please comment on any of the above.

I'll have access to all four sides of the pad, so I can turn the filter around any direction.

Also, where would my new suction cleaner line go (used to be pressure cleaner) , and how would I plumb it into the pump? Another 3-way Jandy Valve?

I had seriously considered that, but due to the freezing temperatures here, I will be building an enclosure to sit on top of the 4x4 frame. If the pipes were outside I'd have to somehow insulate them. I don't close the pool here and the only trouble in the winter is cracked pipes on the pad.

Probably use four solid vynal fence panels trimmed to 4 feet high, topped with a clear lexan panel (for a little greenhouse effect), and a few low wattage light bulbs inside for heat. Easily disassemblable.

I realize this whole project is a bit unconventional, but I've got limitations here...and, a man's got to know his limitations.

It looks like its coming along well. Im not sure if your close to completion, but a suggestion is to design in automation for your backwash. We did this and just love it. The electronic gauge on the sand filter hits 65kpa and the pool controller shuts off the pump, moves the Jandy back was valve to back wash, and washes out the filter for a few minutes, then returns the pad back to filter, where the pressure has dropped back to 50kpa or so. Its great having the pad look after itself.

I posted piccies of the pad design if you interested. they are in this thread.
diy-equiptment-pad-t19977.html

steve

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.