How to drain excess water.

chris4150

LifeTime Supporter
This may seem like an odd question but Im new at this,

Currently we are having heavy amounts of rain and my pool water level is rising quit quickly, therefore, how do I drain some of the water off. I was never informed on how to do this in the event my water level reached overflow capacity. Im pretty sure that I dont have a dedicated drain line as I do a refill line. Is bleeding water through the filter housing my only option?

If there is an area nearby where the ground is lower than the pool water level you can use a garden hose to syphon water out.

If you have a vacuum to waste or backwash setting on your main value, you can use that to remove water from the pool and send it to the waste pipe.

If you have a cartridge filter without a main valve, there is usually a garden hose style spigot somewhere around the filter that allows you to let water out of the system.

Can you post a pic of your equipment?

You would see a valve that you turn for the different settings.... I have a cartridge filter but I don't have a valve like that, so no ability to vacume to waste... I have a port at the bottom of the filter that I can open to drain out through the bottom of the filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.