Water Warden Pool Cover - Excellent and Bargain

May 31, 2015
Kennesaw, GA
I saved a ton and have an excellent solution for my 40x20 pool that I installed myself in about one day. This is a Water Warden mesh cover - the model is SCMG2040 and is actually 22x42 so there's some overlap of the pool edge. Heavy nylon strapping on both the top and bottom. Bought it at Home Depot's web site for $593. There are several online sources that carry this so shop around. Came with all the hardware, instructions, etc. Bought a very inexpensive-but-adequate hammer-drill from Harbor Freight for $35. The leaves just blow off the cover by themselves, :grin: and I'm very happy with these results.
After.jpg

I think the hardware components are pretty standard. For my pool there are 28 round brass anchors units that are set 1 3/4 inches into the concrete. Each anchor consists of a 2 inch female threaded brass pipe and an adjustable brass screw with a large flat head. Using the provided tamping tool, the pipe portion is driven into the 3/4 x 1 7/8 inch hole you must drill. The brass screw is then threaded into the pipe portion and onto the the head of the screw the strap spring is hooked. The springs are strong and each comes within a section of clear, large diameter nylon tubing to protect it. Be glad to show it off if you want to see it - email me at bigseminolefan at gmail.

Exact same process for my Arctic Armor cover...its easy to install and nowhere worth the $1000 some places want to install it. Now on a freeform pool, it will be much more complicated, but still, its just measure, drill, tamp and attach. Remember to measure twice and drill once!

I was somewhat surprised also, and decided to use clear GE Silicon II. Its great stuff and I figured it would lubricate the "tapping in" and provide protection against water and freezing around the anchor. Also, it served to smooth out some of the area immediately around the anchor, and since I used the Clear stuff, it matches the concrete perfectly..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.