Shallow end next to spa vs tanning ledge?

Dec 3, 2014
Cypress, Texas
We're looking at a 8x32 rectangle with a 6x8 spa at one end and a tanning ledge on the other.
We're wanting depth going from 4-5 feet.
I have 2 different drawings from two different pool companies and both show the shallow end next to the spa, even though it's on opposite sides of the pool on the two drawings.
I was thinking the shallow end should be next to the tanning ledge. Is there a reason to put it next to the spa instead?

We're looking at a 8x32 rectangle with a 6x8 spa at one end and a tanning ledge on the other.
We're wanting depth going from 4-5 feet.
I have 2 different drawings from two different pool companies and both show the shallow end next to the spa, even though it's on opposite sides of the pool on the two drawings.
I was thinking the shallow end should be next to the tanning ledge. Is there a reason to put it next to the spa instead?

We were told that the spa next to the shallow end would facilitate socializing. The folks in the spa could talk to the folks standing around in the shallow end.

We opted to have the spa near the deep end to maximize shallow end area.

All adults except those on the lowest percentile will be able to stand next the the spa at either end. I can picture being able to stand in the pool with my armpits resting on the spillover, whichever end that would work on.

We put both the spa and the sun shelf on the shallow end. The pool and the spa/sun shelf are two rectangles merged at the corners.

Thanks everyone. So what I'm gathering is that there is no set rule that the spa should be at the shallow end.
I think I'd rather have the tanning ledge at the shallow (4ft) end and the spa at the deeper end (5ft)
I will ask the PB and see what he says

My two closest neighbors, one has the spa at the shallow end and one at the deep. Whatever you want is the right answer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.