Pentair VS drive needs replacing

Jul 25, 2015
Magnolia, TX.
I installed a new Pentair VS Pump and motor this August. The rains just came through the Houston area and water got into the VS drive circuit panel. Now the pump is down. The rubber gasket was in place but water came through anyway and now there are at least 3 separate shorted spots on the board.

Does anyone know how to bypass the VS drive and power the pump until a new panel can be purchased?
Does anyone know if I can just replace the circuit board and not buy the whole VS drive package. Looks like the stores want to only sell the whole drive for about half the cost of a new pump and motor.

The pump is the Pentair Intelliflo VS 354605.E (p/n 0110018) built 5/14/2015. Any thoughts or advise greatly appreciated.

Call Pentair and see what they suggest. You said you installed the pump, does that mean that you installed it or did a pool professional do it. That makes a big difference in the warantee.
Gary
thanks for the reply. Yep, contacted Pentair but still waiting on reply. Yes I did install myself and that may cause them concerns. From my view though this is not a connection problem since water can thru a supposedly factory sealed panel that was not opened on installation. I am afraid that Pentair will see it differently though. That is why I am asking the questions of replacement or repair.
Roght now I have dried the board out, reinstalled and powered back up without success. There are 2 burnt spots on the board so I am thinking the circuit board is fried at this point.
If there are any suggestions on circuit board replacements that would be appreciated. I just don't know if you can purchase a board or you have to but the entire VS kit which is the big cost.

I would still talk to Pentair and convey what you just said, that the supposedly water tight panel that was factory installed leaked and had nothing to do with your self install. I hate the Pentair warantee that is meant to discourage people from buying their products online and installing them themselves. I had a Pentair filter that I had installed by a supposedly "pool professional" that leaked at all the PVC pipes he installed. He shrugged his hands and said "nothin' more I can do, must be a bad filter". WHAT? So I re-did all the plumbing myself and haven't had a problem. But, I now at least have the 3 year warantee. I like Pentair products, but they need to re-think their warantee policies.

Gary
good advice to call Pentair directly, thanks. Surprisingly it work out ok. We had to discuss the problem and the fact that it had nothing to do with the hook or installation but after that they said they would go ahead and replace the drive. They scheduled someone to come out in the next 72 hrs. Some of the best customer service I have received in a while during the phone call. I first tried getting their help through the online system but no quick response to it. When I did call in after discussing for a while the guy did indicate he remembered seeing a email come in on the problem this morning.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.