Six new articles in Pool School

JasonLion

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2007
Silver Spring, MD
I know it's not a new article....but I was doing some additional reading....in Start up new plaster,

5. Test and balance the water. First adjust TA to 80-100 ppm, then CH to 200-400 ppm, and finally pH to 7.6. pH will probably have to be lowered but do not add more than 1 pt per 10000 gallons at any one time to avoid sudden pH shifts. DO NOT ADD CHLORINE OR CYA YET.

"do not add more than 1pt" of what, Acid?

This is all great, even for those who have been on the forum for awhile....I'm still soaking it all in!

:goodjob: Jason!

Nice additions to the Pool School.

In the new ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry, under Free Chlorine (FC), I suggest changing the sentence to "Free chlorine shows the level of disinfecting chlorine capacity available to keep your pool sanitary." I added the word "capacity" (or you can use "reserve" instead) since it emphasizes that the FC does not actually measure the active disinfecting chlorine concentration.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.