How often do you brush your pool?

wall brushing is my husband's only pool job. During the summer he does it at least every other day. I run the vacuum as needed if there is stuff for it to pick up or at least once a week.

Every pool is different with different environmental variables that can cause problems. See what your pool like/needs by testing and looking at the water.

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I only toss in the vac if i see visible debris. It is not often since I don't have trees dumping garbage into the pool. However, I don't even own brush. I have had my pool for 1.5 seasons, and have not done it once. Maybe I am a disaster waiting to happen. However, I never saw a need to brush them. :neutral:

I have had my pool for 1.5 seasons, and have not done it once. Maybe I am a disaster waiting to happen. However, I never saw a need to brush them. :neutral:

Algae has this ability to coat itself with a protective layer called "biofilm" which protects the algae from the chlorine. When you brush, you're disrupting this biofilm which may be there and yet you haven't detected a problem yet. While the brushing disrupts the biofilm it also helps increase circulation in those areas that are often limited in circulation for whatever reason helps expose those areas to the chlorine.

So an occasional brushing is a *good thing*

Yippee :flower:

Reactions: Nicholasholmes424
In the summer I brush once a week and try to manually vacuum once every 1-2 weeks. In between cleanings I throw the MX8 in to take a whirl around the pool. For some reason I have real bad balance and tend to fall in the pool a lot when I'm putting the vacuum hose and poles away.

I brush whenever I get in the pool (daily in the warm weather), minimum of every other day when not using the pool. I vacuum every 5-7 days, more if there is visable debris in the pool.

Dom

I brush almost every day. I might miss one but never two in a row. But then, I can brush my whole pool in 15 minutes and do it while standing in the same spot. :)

- - - Updated - - -

In the summer I brush once a week and try to manually vacuum once every 1-2 weeks. In between cleanings I throw the MX8 in to take a whirl around the pool. For some reason I have real bad balance and tend to fall in the pool a lot when I'm putting the vacuum hose and poles away.

I certainly hope that was meant to be funny, cuz it was. :D If it wasn't then I'm appropriately, embarrassed.! :oops:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.