Best option to update light (Pentair 7845xx02) and be compatible with Aqua Logic P4

Rockstead

Sep 2, 2010
Montreal, QC, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I learned the hard way that you should never empty the pool below the light when the light is on, it was dark outside and I do it the same way every year and I learned that the pool light is actually kept cool by the water and without water it will overheat and burnout. The temperature is milder this year and the colder temperature must have prevented that in the past.

So I either replace the bulb (assuming that is what burnt), can anyone tell me which is th best 500w to change it with.

Other option would be to change it to a LED, bu I don't know what is involved, is it just a matter of changing a bulb, does the whole light niche have to be changed? I read something about needing to transformer, but maybe my Aqua Logic P4 handles that.

If I were to go LED, I want the best LED option available, I want the white to be as powerful as a 500w incandescent I was previously using and it would be cool if it were compatible with my Aqua Logic P4 so that I can program a light show or even use the dimming option (probably never would), Currently the P4 could only dim a light if I would have purchased the AQL-DIM add on or if a compatible lighting were used.

I attached a picture of my current light, I would app any help you can provide.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20151018_124522.jpg
    IMG_20151018_124522.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 11
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.