Planning for DIY Liner Pool Install with Picture

The NE skimmer is good. But the NW skimmer probably needs to be in the SE corner for the winter wind. From the NW? I don't know how much water sheer descents need for full effect.

The NE skimmer is good. But the NW skimmer probably needs to be in the SE corner for the winter wind. From the NW? I don't know how much water sheer descents need for full effect.

All of what he said. I see all of your returns turned so they "push" the water in a clockwise rotation. That way the stuff will get caught by one of the skimmers. I see the SE skimmer being between the light and the steps.

Kim

How far about should the skimmer be from the return. If both skimmers are on the east wall can I just remove the one beside the skimmer? Should I locate it somewhere else.
Also on the returns on side of step. Would it be better to have them on the riser of the step pushing water to the north.

On my pump would it make sense to get a 2 speed instead of a vs pump.
The pool should be around 27000 to 28000 gallons. The sheer decents should come to 48gpm to run them.
Would it make sense to run pool on low speed and when i decide to run descents run on high speed.

Yes, that would probably work, you could use a 3way valve to moderate the flow between the returns and the descents to fine tune it.

Agree, move the bottom right return to the middle of the right wall.

Ok so back to the drawing board. Hoping to order a pool kit sometime this month. I have also attached an updated layout. I am still trying to figure a few things out. The pool is 20x40 sports pool.

Pump- 1hp Maxflo XL #SP2307X10 (is that enough for all the returns and a slide? slide will only be going when we have guests)
Filter- Hayward 300lb sand or larger
Dolphin Nautilus Plus or Dolphin Triton

Aqua rite 40 - I am calculating pool to be around 25,000 gallons
I forgot to put it on the drawing but I may install to Jandy deck jets

Step returns - Is it better to have 1 return on each side of the second step, or run returns the length of the second step with 3 to 4 returns?
Plumb each skimmer separately. Should I install the equalizer pipe since I will not have a main drain?

The returns can I do all those on a loop?
If I can get the plumbing figured out I will draw up a layout for that as well. I am a little nervous about the full length vinyl covered steps and the tight corners. I plan to do 2' corners on the other end of the pool. Pool warehouse says there will be no issues with the liner steps as long as I place sand bags on the steps. I love the looked of liner covered and I am not a fan at all of the inserts. Its one of those things if I do not do the liner steps I will regret it. But if I do the liner steps and have issues I will regret it to... Appreciate all the comments

Attachments

• Pool resize.jpg
    Pool resize.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 41

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.