How do I install a Hayward 40k Gallon SWG ?

Remove the solid circular puck automatic chlorinator device. Since everything is glued, you will need to cut the pvc. Cut the pvc that comes up from the ground, as close to the 90 as you can get. Then, if it was me, I would cut as close to the solid circular puck automatic chlorinator device as possible so you maximize the pipe to work with. Rotate that part up. Attach a 90 to that. Next is a small piece of pvc to connect to coupling that comes with SWG. Next is SWG cell, (watch the flow indicating arrow), then another small piece for the coupling that comes with SWG. Then attach the flow sensor, (watch the flow indicating arrow), another small piece of pvc, (adjust as needed to reach to the down pipe) then a 90 to the pipe into the ground.

If there is room, I would consider adding couplings where possible to make it easier working on the parts if you need to.

Is that what you were looking for? I'm just saying what I would do. Of course, you will want to ask the folks at the DIY store for specific glues and stuff like that.

Remove the solid circular puck automatic chlorinator device. Since everything is glued, you will need to cut the pvc. Cut the pvc that comes up from the ground, as close to the 90 as you can get. Then, if it was me, I would cut as close to the solid circular puck automatic chlorinator device as possible so you maximize the pipe to work with. Rotate that part up. Attach a 90 to that. Next is a small piece of pvc to connect to coupling that comes with SWG. Next is SWG cell, (watch the flow indicating arrow), then another small piece for the coupling that comes with SWG. Then attach the flow sensor, (watch the flow indicating arrow), another small piece of pvc, (adjust as needed to reach to the down pipe) then a 90 to the pipe into the ground.

If there is room, I would consider adding couplings where possible to make it easier working on the parts if you need to.

Is that what you were looking for? I'm just saying what I would do. Of course, you will want to ask the folks at the DIY store for specific glues and stuff like that.

Yes, thank you. I am understanding some of it but not all yet.

In your drawing, it looks like you are putting the SWG in an elevated position above the ground. Is that correct ?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I would think so. I'm using my setup as a gauge, so I might be off a bit. It is possible to place the flow meter further away from the SWG, so it could even go in the part leading down to the ground. The issue there is that there is a requirement of 12" of straight before the flow sensor. So that would mean it would be quite close to the ground.

I'll get actual dimentions from my stuff. But really, in the end, you may have to get a little creative.

I would think so. I'm using my setup as a gauge, so I might be off a bit. It is possible to place the flow meter further away from the SWG, so it could even go in the part leading down to the ground. The issue there is that there is a requirement of 12" of straight before the flow sensor. So that would mean it would be quite close to the ground.

I'll get actual dimentions from my stuff. But really, in the end, you may have to get a little creative.

Thank you!

Are you aware of any good Youtube or other video DIY resources for these projects ?

I've PM'd you one that I think covers the important stuff pretty well. Of course, there are many others. I suggest you start with the one I sent, and then look at some others to get ideas for things that might need tweaking...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.