My Pool is slowly rusting away

Aug 1, 2015
Hawaii
:( Please help anyone, my above ground pool is slowly rusting away.. Everytime I get in I look and more rust has acumulated..I know it's from the salt water, I rinse after using it, I even tried spraying rust oleums Never wet, didn't help....Any suggestions before my pool falls down! It's only been up for 5 month.

That's certainly unfortunate. The only way to try to stop or slow it is to grind away all the rust, then paint with a few coats of paint suited for painting bare metal. I would take the pool down completely then grind and/or sandblast to clean metal and repaint.

Maybe not worth it to try and save. I don't mean to sound snobby but that must be a pretty clunky metal and finish to start rusting so early.

I also am not so sure much of that can be contributed to salt. It looks like the finish is just breaking down.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.