Pool Jets

mikergibson

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 13, 2007
Mt. Vernon, Illinois
I have read that all the jets are to point in the same direction for best circulation. Is this true?
with a rectangle pool I have 2 jets on a short edge and 1 on a long edge directly accross from the skimmer, they all just point to the middle of the pool.

Mike

You want them pointed so floating debris goes past the skimmer. On mine, they wind up in a kind of zig-zag pattern where they do all point to the same end of the pool except the one in the steps, and it is aimed so the resulting motion moves things in the same direction as a wall mounted jet pointing to that end of the pool would. The skimming action is improved by aiming the returns more toward the surface. If you find areas of debris just sittiing still or swirling in place, try aiming the return that is closest to the debris more toward the surface.

For better chemical mixing, you want the returns aimed down a little to maximize circulation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.