Just got my TF-100 kit

You can test everything at any time *except* the CYA which is best done in a sunny day, holding the vial waist high in front of you while the sun is at your back.

I made a form up on my computer that I can print out and keep a record for a few months at a time. I also note on it what my SWG percentage is and any chemicals I add.

You want to run your pH and FC/CC daily
Run the TA and CH weekly
Run the CYA monthly.... then as you get to know your pool well you can back off somewhat on the tests. LIke doing the pH and FC every other day. You'll get to where you start to recognize what's going on with your water even *before* you test.

It doesn't really matter what order so just follow down the sheet. The tests can be performed at any time of the day/night although the CYA works better in natural sunlight, so better to perform this test during the day. To get a handle on what is happening particularly with your FC, it makes sense to try and test at the same time-mornings/afternoon.

gss, even though your TF-100 has a card with directions on it, you might also like to refer to this page from time to time: Extended Test Kit Directions. Just remember that your FC level is based on the CYA, so always take those two numbers back to the Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart to ensure the two are in-sync. If you have any specific testing questions that you can't find an answer to in the test kit or the link above, just let us know. As you can tell, there are many folks here happy to help.

Did my first test and here are results

7.8 PH
2.0 FC
2.5 TC
425 CH
220 TA
80 CYA

Is there any test I missed? Water is clear and I've just been adding liquid bleach daily for last 5 days. About gallon /day

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Looking at the FC/CYA chart in Pool School, you need that FC up around 5-7 ppm (I think) with a CYA of 80 ppm.

Double check your TA testing methods. Did you wipe the dropper tip after every few drops?

Looking at the FC/CYA chart in Pool School, you need that FC up around 5-7 ppm (I think) with a CYA of 80 ppm.

Double check your TA testing methods. Did you wipe the dropper tip after every few drops?
I did that test again and got 190 for the TA. I would see the cylinder start to turn red but it took about 2 extra drops to get the whole solution red.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.