Best way to store cleaner when not in use

numberonenole

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 18, 2009
Woods of North Florida
I had planned on keeping my automatic pool cleaner in the pool all time, even when it wasn't on, but crud gets stuck on the floating hose and doesn't make it to the skimmer. I guess I need some sort of box to keep it in, but wouldn't it need to have holes to drain out the water so it doesn't get mildew in the bottom? Any suggestions? What works for you? Thanks!

A suction (Wanda the Whale). I'd like something I can put right next to the pool so I can just drag the cleaner out of the pool into temporary storage. For now we are keeping all the other pool stuff in an outside storage shed that houses our lawn mower, but that is several feet away from the pool. Thanks!

Pool cleaners should be removed whenever someone is swimming :!: the hose or cord could entangle a swimmer and drown them :hammer:

What you can do with Wanda, when she's not in the pool is get a milk crate, prop it up on a few bricks and place her in it, this will allow drainage and ventilation. The hose won't fit in there but you can get a Hose Hugger (velcro strap with a handle) to keep it all together and either lay it next to Wanda's crate or hang it by the handle. Please remember to drain the hose so that algae or other nasties don't form in the stagnant water :wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.