New member intro

Oct 21, 2015
Spring, TX
Hello all! Been lurking for a few weeks to try and learn as much as I can.

We finally found a great pool builder and they are close to completion on our new in-ground pool and spa.

We are new to the Spring, TX area also.

Scott

Thanks all!I will post some pics but I have to climb on the roof to get a good view.

I think it is a pretty standard pool for this area. I estimate about 17,500 gallons. It is literally being filled right now via garden hoses. Pool is 19' by 31' at its extremes. 2 ton waterfall. LED lights. Pentair equipment. DE filter. Spa is about 6 by 9. Pebble Tec French Grey with a blue tile skirt and brown-ish fieldstone for a cap all around.

The build has gone well with only a few minor scheduling conflicts. It has been dry and dusty. We have some landscaping scheduled for next week. We have never owned a house with a pool.

We installed a backyard hot tub in a previous house. It was fun but it seemed like more work than it should have been. I admit, I probably overthink things too much so I'm hoping to not repeat that this time around. I would much rather take a keep it simple approach and not overuse chemicals and additives.

I'm not really a Texan, just living here for now, but we like it so far. We were living outside of DC before we relocated here. I gave my snow shovel to a neighbor!

Last edited:
Even as a "transplanted Texan, we're happy you joined us. Sounds like you have a fantastic set-up there. At some point, please add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later.

And one last thing Scott ... do you have the right test kit (i.e TF-100)? Link is below I my sig if you need it. Your pool (and family) will thank you. Make sure to get the "speed stir". :) Enjoy your evening.

Thanks! I have to figure out what I have first!

I like the look of that test kit. I think that one of the things that got me into trouble with the previous hot tub was using "cheapo" test strips with the bottle label and getting unreliable and inconsistent results. I would rather test once a day and be able to trust it than use those strips again.