Newbie looking for help, knowledge and opinions

Oct 21, 2015
Helsinki
Hi to all in this Forum,

It's nice to meet you!

I come with newbie questions so please don't shoot me down :D Also English is not my mother tongue , so excuse my spelling mistakes.

My wife and I are probably going to by a house with an indoor pool. Since both of us are not familiar with pool maintenance and having a pool in general, I come to you with questions. Water chemistry is some what familiar to me, I've had an aquarium hobby for + 5 years. We live in Finland where the outside temperature goes from +30 to - 25 (+86F to -13F ) depending on season. The pool is located on floor -1 below ground level.
My guesstimate on size is about:
2.5m x 5m x 2m deep
8 foot x 16 foot x 8 foot deep

What do we have to take into consideration about the pool? Heating? Of course weekly / monthly / yearly maintenance.
It's indoor, so I suspect that humidity and ventilation?
Are pool covers any good to combat evaporation and energy loss?
The pool is empty, so I have a chance to go in and look at the tiles. What should I look for?
What are pros and cons of having an indoor pool?
I saw that the technical room for the pool had a sand bag in the corner so I suspect that it has a sand filter system. What do I check on the system?

If we get a chance to see the house again, I could post some pictures for you to review. What type of pictures do I take?

Thank you very much for taking the time to read and answer the questions.

Best Regards,
A

I am going to post some links. I will say they favor the outdoor pool. I am sure you can do a search in the TFP search box on the home page to find some good reading about indoor pools.

Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - What is TFPC?

check to make sure the sand is POOL FILTER sand and not play sand. There IS a difference.

Pics-equipment over head and side shots.

Look for skimmers (wide areas the water will go into) and returns (round eyeballs the water will come return to the pool with). over all pool.

The room the pool is in--------is it ventilated? What have they done to protect the ceilings and walls from the humility caused by the pool?

Do a search for pool covers. There are many threads on them. I don't have one so cannot help you there.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.