Final LIQUIDATOR Question.....

The water above the bleach is highly chlorinated, and the level of chlorine in that water remains fairly constant until the bleach is nearly depleted.

In my experience, it really doesn't. You can't fill it and forget it, you need to maintain a fairly consistent level of bleach in the liquidator. Another point is that you will never keep a truly consistent flow rate, if your skimmer basket is doing its job.

The liquidator is helpful in maintaining chlorine levels, but it is far from perfect.

I'm in the trial and error phase of adjusting it. I like the concept because I can't get to my pool everyday and I take a lot of vacations.
I would love to talk to the original designer. The current "technical support" doesn't have a lot of answers.
I'll post my results when I have it dialed in as best as possible. I won't be happy if it dispenses more chlorine when full vs. 2" from the bottom.......

LIQUIDATOR up-date

I'm not sure how popular the Liquidator is, but mine needed tweaking......

#1 Out-Side Check Valve sealed itself shut on day 2 and would not let the solution pass. (I eliminated it completely. Maybe the chlorine solution caused the problem...)

#2 The Flow Indicator got a cloudy scale in it which did not let the ball float rise and fall consistently. It also showed that the water flow was different daily. (I eliminated it completely, assuming the scale in the device was causing inconsistent flow day to day).

#3 The Shut Off Valve that you use to control the flow to the Flow Indicator got stuck and when I tried to adjust the flow, the knob snapped apart. (I replaced it with #022319 from U.S.Plastic Corp.)

After all this, I may have gotten this contraption to feed my pool the proper amount of chlorine for a couple of weeks.... Stay tuned :crazy:

Re: LIQUIDATOR up-date

It sounds like you might have some kind of high solids content in your pool water or something is causing excessive scaling on your LQ.

I installed my LQ in July and it has been trouble-free and the tubes clear and working wonderfully...so far.

I dunno, I fill mine up with liquid chlorine to the bottom of the extender tube on the funnel and I can normally ignore it for almost 3 weeks using 12.5% from Hasa. It seems to keep my pool right at 4.5 ppm. I'm digging it. :)

I dunno, I fill mine up with liquid chlorine to the bottom of the extender tube on the funnel and I can normally ignore it for almost 3 weeks using 12.5% from Hasa. It seems to keep my pool right at 4.5 ppm. I'm digging it. :)

Hey Chris,
Do you mean the top of the extender tube?
What number is your flow indicator showing and is that consistent day to day?

Great, today I notice there was no mixture coming out. I removed the floats and they were both clogged with a salt like crust.
I did a complete water change 1 month ago and ph is 7.2-7.4
The unit is less than 14 days old.
What's up?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.