Question about leak in skimmer wall

RickyEarl

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 23, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Just had a guy come out to investigate the substantial water loss I've suffered in my pool over the last couple of months. He found a very long "hairline" crack in the skimmer wall. He said he could patch it with epoxy, but he didn't think the patch would hold for long because the crack is so thin and long he might not be able to get epoxy to "stick good." He recommended a fairly major job that involved draining the pool, staples, reinforcement, etc.

Since the difference in patching and the big job was about $2000, I went with the patch. I figured that it was worth a shot for under $500 total. If it ends up not holding, I paid less than $500 to know for sure that the leak is there and that the big fix will stop the leak.

Question - I know there's not a lot to go on here, but was he trying to upsell me the big job or does his explanation for why the patch won't hold make sense?

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.