Micro Mesh cover question

Hi All,

I have a new winter cover this year for my 27' above ground pool. It's a micromesh envirocover. It came with a metal winch and cable to fix it. I drained down my water to about 6" below my return. I installed the cover and the cable sits just under the top rails. The instructions say the cover is supposed to be pulled tight so that the cover does not sit on the water. I don't understand how to achieve this. Every time I pull the cover down around the outside, the cable slides back up again.

I have a deck around 70% or so of the pool, so I was thinking about pulling the cover onto the deck and screwing it down. But I was worried this would put pressure on the opposite side of the pool.

Another post said if I can't get the cover above the water level, it would act like a giant teabag with leaves sitting in the water and I would have a mess in the spring. I'm at a loss. Does anyone have any tips?

Thank you
Brian

Are you using a float under the cover ? Get a big one, it helps a lot. A barrel would be even better. 27' is a long distance to keep a cover out of the water just by stretching it.

27' is also an odd sized pool (I know, I have one too). I have found that most of the time a 27' cover is really a 28' cover, so it has a lot over overlap on the sides. You can try hanging weights (jugs filled with sand / water) in the spots that you don't have a deck, and you can fasten it to the deck as well (I don't know about screwing it down, maybe bungee cords to the underside of the rim joist.

-dave

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.