EasyTouch with a variable speed pump question

Not an issue.

In fact the VS pump is much easier. The 2sp pump requires a specific relay kit to switch the speeds. The VS pump comes with a data cable that attaches to one of the EasyTouch RS485 connectors.

Which EasyTouch System are you planning on buying? What are the things you'd like your new automation system to do? How many pumps do you currently have? Which VS pump are you planning on getting.

Just a couple of questions that popped into my head when I think about automation systems.

I have an Easytouch and love it, but had I planned ahead I might have bought a different model.

Jim R.

I plan on the 8.
2 lights.
Hot tub.
Booster pump.
I'm glad I started reading the manual. I was planning on buying Intellibright 12v lights for the pool and tub. The system says 120v.
It may be possible to install some sort of relay/transformer...but I really want to keep it as simple as possible.
I appreciate your feedback!!!

I have the EasyTouch4 and I was going to recommend the 8. Better to have too many relays than not enough.

I only have a simple 120 volt standard white light, so am not using any lighting programs except on/off. But.. I can't see where it says that 12 Volt lights can't be used. Where did you find that statement in the manual? It may be a fact, but just does not sound right. It appears to me that external lights can only be controlled by one or more of the control Aux relays. If this is true, than any voltage you want can be used.

The real challenge will be programming the EasyTouch to do what you want. It is not user friendly, not hard, just not as intuitive, as I would have liked.

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.