SE Virginia
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
My apologies if this isn't in the right place.

I have a bottle of "Phos X" left over from a closing kit I bought a few seasons ago (I no longer use the stuff after learning it was unecessary). I can't return it so it's just sitting in the closet.

How can I get rid of it? I guessing pouring it down the drain isn't a good idea. Can I add a little at a time directly into the skimmer (to avoid clouding the pool) over time until it's gone?

I don't know anyone I can give it to.

Suggestions?

Does your county have a hazardous chemical collection program?

Twice per year Pima county has one where they let homeowner bring in paints, household and pool chemicals for hazardous waste disposal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if phosphate reducer can go bad, but if not I would hold on to it. If you ever have a situation where the FC might dip (vacation, acid treatment, etc) then it can be helpful to avoid algae.

Phosphate reducers are one of those things where I wouldn't recommend buying it, but if you already have it then it can come in handy someday.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.