Water feature winterizing

Dooby

Sep 11, 2015
WI
Hello! What does everyone do for closing down water features? I figured blow out those lines but do you have to unscrew the brass (assuming it is brass) piece somehow? or need to try and get antifreeze into the smaller water feature hole as much as possible with a funnel? Would antifreeze cause any adverse effects to the brass?

This is the kind of water feature I mean: http://www.sevenseaspools.com/assets/img/pools/water-features.jpg

Thanks! First time closing so want to make sure I don't majorly overlook something but TFP has already been awesome to figure this out!

If that is your pool (Very nice). All you have to do is blow out the lines. If you unscrew the brass piece, I would go to a hardware store and find a closed cap for each one. Others may have another idea. If you can find something to plug them with, please use non hardening joint compound so there are no issues in the spring.

Amazon.com: Oatey 31230 Pipe Joint Compound with PTFE with Brush, 4 fl.Ounce: Home Improvement

Maybe unscrew one and take a picture and send over. Thanks!

Thanks for the reply! That is not my pool but the best example I could find of the water feature I had :) I ended up putting some antifreeze at the equipment pad and then pushing the fluid with the shop vac on and off quickly with adding more. Eventually I had some come out of the water feature and then just maxed it out with what I could before closing the valve. Should do the trick I would think. The biggest pain for the first close was dealing with the cover I think :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.