How do I adjust barrier slider in front of skimmer?

Oct 16, 2015
Kelowna BC
I just noticed, for the first time, excuse my noobness as this is all new to me, but there's a barrier in front of the skimmer where the filter is. And this barrier can slide up and down. I noticed it was up almost all the way, so when I slid it down suddenly a lot more water was going in there. What should I do? Should the top of the barrier be a bit below water level or should it be all the way down? Thanks!!

I am guessing you mean the weir door. To make sure can you post a pic of it? I want to make sure we are talking about the same thing. Most of the doors I have seen do NOT slide up and down.

Kim

WP_20151018_22_27_23_Pro.jpg
The weir or the door or whatever, can be pushed down, there's a track on both sides like I've illustrated. It seems to automatically float back up eventually wherever the water level is. The depression in the middle is for bromine tabs according to the manual.

That is a new one for me BUT I do not have a hottub or spa.

Okay you say the place at the top is for a tab...........I wonder if it works like this.........as the tab melts it gets lighter so the door goes up?

I am just shooting in the dark. Maybe someone that knows spas better will be along.

Kim (I was really hoping I could help you better :(

Hi Dave. You have a vertical, sliding, skimmer plate. Its meant to slide up and down to give a full skimming effect. It should be free floating, not stuck, and goes up and down depending on the suction if its stuck, its either jammed, broken, or stuck with something. Examine it to find out why.

Hi Dave. You have a vertical, sliding, skimmer plate. Its meant to slide up and down to give a full skimming effect. It should be free floating, not stuck, and goes up and down depending on the suction if its stuck, its either jammed, broken, or stuck with something. Examine it to find out why.

Ah ok cool that makes sense. It does actually float up and down, I just never noticed till now. Thanks!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.