iRobot Verro 500 PowerScrub

It also appears to use the same power source as Blue Diamond. For that matter, the same drive belts as Blue Diamond.

I think there is probably only one manufacturer in the world that makes all these different cleaners. They simply redesign the shell but the guts are the same. I'm pretty sure they deliver them to the pool stores in black helicopters, too. :shock: :shock:

duraleigh said:
It also appears to use the same power source as Blue Diamond. For that matter, the same drive belts as Blue Diamond.

I think there is probably only one manufacturer in the world that makes all these different cleaners. They simply redesign the shell but the guts are the same. I'm pretty sure they deliver them to the pool stores in black helicopters, too. :shock: :shock:

:mrgreen: :wink: :mrgreen:

I recently purchased an i-robot Verro 500 from Costco Canada. I have considered many factors before taking the plunge. In this country, only a limited brands of robotic pool cleaners are available. The Verro 500 costs $999 Cdn, a Blue Diamond costs about $1,200 from U.S. online retailers, plus delivery fees, import duties, exchange rate, the total is about $1,700 Cdn. Costco has a good return policy, returning something across the border is definitely an issue. Someone from work has an i-robot floor vacuum, one time she had a problem and i-robot was very good at providing warranty service. The Verro 500 is i-robot's current top model pool cleaner, the design is quite similar to the Blue Diamond which also used PVS rollers. The Verro 500 is made in Israel, could someone who has a Blue Diamond check where it is made. If it is made in Israel, most likely both machines are made in the same factory. I probably got a good deal.

I own the iRobot Verro 500 and love it! On my 3rd year.

The only thing is that it works so well, it ends up with a really dirty filter (sock type thing) and I find myself spending a lot of time with the hose trying to clean it off.

It does well for about 99% of the pool -- I usually find myself brushing the steps and tight corners to agitate the sediment back into the pool so the robot can reach it, or it ends up in the filter.

Yes, this looks very much like the Blue Diamond. I did notice that the warranty is only 1 year though - BD has a 4 year / 400 cycle.

BTW, there's a good deal at HSN dot com for the Verro - it's under $1K, free cart, and you can put it on 4 equal installment plans. No, I don't work for them or affiliated with them, I just saw the link when I googled Verro 500. But again, it's only a 1 year warranty, so you may want to factor in the extra 3 year warranty cost when price comparing to the BD or similar models.

After much research and contemplation, I decided to purchase the Verro 500 from HSN because I found a great deal (PM me if you iwant info on how to save an extra $75 and 4% cash back). I've determined that the Verro is either a non-remote BD or the BD Pearl based on pictures and specs.

As I've posted before on this board, I briefly owned a BD Remote last season which I ended up returning. So why would buy another one from potentially the same manufacturer? Well, when it worked it worked great! I'm also not buying the remote version again because I suspect that the added complexity (required an extra motor and system controls for the remote functions) was what was causing my original BD Remote to malfunction. I'm also saving more than half of what I would have spent if I went with the BD Remote again. Granted, I'm losing the remote function, and the quicker 1 hour clean time, in this economy I couldn't justify spending twice as much, and perhaps winding up with the exact same problem. So in all, I think BD makes a good product compared to the other robot cleaners (based on numerous reviews I've read and my personal experience of a one that malfunctioned early in its life, but worked excellent when it did), and perhaps this rebranded version will fare better. And I don't have as much money tied to it.

Then again, the Verro may not be made by Water Tech (makers of BD) at all!

I'll post my experience to the board in about a month after I've had some good time with it... assuming it's still working :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.