Liquidator Question

Philo

Oct 8, 2015
San Diego, Ca.
If I install a Liquidator and it doesn't work the way I want, how can I fix the hole in my pipe without doing a coupling patch?

Also, can you run 2 of these things in parallel to extend the usage while on vacation? My theory is that you could cut the flow in 1/2 on each?

I can think of a couple ways. The hole should be 3/8". I'm sure there are rubber plugs at the home center that could be pushed into the hole. A metal hose clamp can help hold it on (similar to the one that comes with the Liquidator). You could also tap the hole although the closest tap size for a 3/8" hole is a 7/16-14 or 7/16-20 thread and I dunno if a plug exists at that size. I suppose a screw could be used but this route sounds more like a headache than scouring the hardware store for some kind of a rubber plug. Or maybe epoxy a bolt in there. The rubber plug still sounds best and easiest.

I don't see why you couldn't hook up a couple LQs. I wonder if hooking up in series would be better? Just something to chew on.

Now, this is just my opinion, an you know what those are worth.....

If you need more chlorine that a single Liquidator can deliver go with a Stenner pump. I'm biased, I have a Stenner. Do a search here on the forum for both Liquidator and Stenner and see other peoples experiences.

As Chris points out, there are multiple ways to plug the hole if you remove it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.