Anyone in DFW have Diamond Brite - Tahiti we can come see?

srtate

Oct 16, 2015
Rowlett, TX
First time poster, please be gentle......

We are in the middle of an IGP build in Rowlett, TX. We are ready to plaster but are still uncertain on the color. We originally thought we wanted Diamond Brite SuperBlue, however when we went to see an actual pool we were not to crazy about it. Pictures didn't quite match reality.

Anyone in the area have Diamond Brite Tahiti that we can come see? While pictures are great, nothing beats seeing with own eyes.

As you all know this is a substantial investment and we'd like to get it as close to perfect the first time....

Deepest part of our pool is 5.5' .

Thanks for your help,
Stephen

If you can't find the exact pool with the finish you're thinking about, try this: One tip given by someone else on another thread is to take a sample of the color you ARE considering and set it in the water of a pool you can see in person. (I would take several samples from the brand finish my PB uses. Different blues and aquas and different lights, mediums, and darks) I don't think it matters a lot if it's the same brand finish or even the same color. By taking your samples, then you can see the comparison and better visualize what yours might look like in reality. I wish I had done that.

So if you see a pool that you really like how dark or light it is, then you can compare your sample. Your findings might be something like this: "Oh, I really like how this is a medium color pool, but my sample is way lighter than it. I'd better bump up a shade or two." OR... "I don't like how blue this pool is in person, but my sample definitely has more aqua to it which is what I wanted. So good, I'm on the right track." It's the comparison think that counts as a benchmark and working up or down from there. Who knows, your sample might be very close to a pool color you love that you see in person and then you know you've nailed it.

I hope that makes sense. Of course, seeing your exact contenders in person is the best way to go. But this might help in a pinch.

Good luck! This was the hardest of all decisions for me! I drove myself crazy and everyone around me. LOL!!!!

Take care,
Suz.

Hmm, tell me more about the SuperBlue, because that is what we're thinking. SuperBlue, Tahiti, or French Gray. I think I will need to schedule some visits to see actual colors...

The pictures on DB website do not fully match what our eyes saw. Now obviously there are a lot of variables. The pool we saw went from 3' to 9'. The 9' was closer to picture colors than 3' - 5'. Our pool max depth is 5.5'. The shallow end to us looked like plain white plaster that was dirty. I think the blue Quartz in the plaster just negates the greenish hue of water in plain plaster.

It it just isn't the color we are looking for. It's not near as blue as we want, but we don't want too dark either.

Suzfromtexas - that is exactly what I did. Took 3 samples with me, Superblue, Tahiti, and Tahoe. Took pictures as well.

The samples serve as a great point of reference.

We actually went with the Super Blue after all. Never did find a Tahiti to see in person, but after taking the samples with us to numerous other pools, we decided we preferred the Super Blue which has a white plaster as its "base". Whereas the Tahiti base is blue. Plaster was done yesterday. Pool is being filled with water now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.