Waaay NW MN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Anyone have experience good or bad with the AG robotics? We have a Lil Shark automatic that worked fine with our 18' round but don't like babysitting and persuading it to go where it needs to on the larger pool. If I take the plunge, would like to hear some advice on a robotic (Aquabot Pool Rover, Pool Rover Jr, Dolphin Robo-Kleen, others?)

I have an in-ground pool, but when buying my dolphin (2020), they sent me the roboKleen (twice) by accident
so anyway, I had a chance to have a real good look at it.

The over-all construction looked very good and seemed to be of high quality.
tempted as I was to try it out, I did not becuase it needed to be shipped out, so I can't say how well it would have cleaned. But I would say based on design alone, it certainly would work better than say a kreepyKrawley.

if you read up on it on epionions.com
http://www.epinions.com/Robo-Kleen_Robotic_Pool_Cleaner_RK01-A/display_~reviews

some people loved it & some hated it... ha ha, typical!

I was really wondering about the Dolphins after seeing how many people complained about the IG models quitting or having issues, as well as problems in cold water temps. I live up north too so there are times when the water will be quite cold, like opening and right before closing so I would want something that works in cold water too.

I've heard nothing but good things about the robokleen in the cleaning performance department, have however heard many negative reports on longevity before it breaks and support is little to none.
Hayward aquabug/diver dave also came highly recommended, haven't heard much about breakage, but I would hazzard to guess it doesn't clean as well since it works suction side and will likely stir things up as it moves along. Probably better than a kreepy, but not as good as a kleen.
If I were to buy something it'll likely be the bug or dave (same thing different shell) for it's reliability - I can vac the fine stuff by hand once a week off the center, but I don't want something finicky with problems.

The aquabug and diver are exactly the same as the type I have which worked fine for my smaller round pools but struggles with the new larger pool and needs too much persuading to get all the spots, as well as constantly having to stop and empty the skimmer sock even though I have a leaf canister inline. I want to be lazy and buy one that I can drop in and let it do all the work - robotic. I'm leaning away from Robo Kleen due to the repair issues and towards a Pool Rover Jr or just plain Rover ($100 more) - can't make up my mind. Anyone use one of these?

I guess I don't HAVE to have one and maybe could save more by just buying a Poolskim so Crud doesn't make it to the bottom of the pool in the first place. Most of this happens when the cover is on - bugs crawl under the edges or end up on the sides/edges with the pollen Crud and get waterlogged ending up at the bottom. The sides/edges are where I find all the junk I need to use the cleaner for. Maybe a handheld like Poolbuster or whatever is a better choice. I just don't know. I find I mind the every day cleaning stuff from bugs, pollen, tree junk to be more of a hassle - I'm getting old and cranky and the cold weather/constant rain prevents me from using my pool as much as I am cleaning it. Look out, Mom's crabby!

Oh thank you. Thats what I was looking for! Info from all the types is good. Do you have an AGP? How does it do around steps, etc? How long does it take on average to do the whole pool? Do you have to babysit it at all? thanks in advance.

Ours is a AGP 15x30, it has a control box that you can set the time it goes in each direction(in seconds). We have ours set at 30 second, when it comes to a wall or steps it will stay there and then go in the opposite direction when the time tells it to go in the other direction. I was sort of worried that it may get stuck at the steps but it has not happened yet, it will just go back and forth until it has a clear path to run. Here is a post I made not too long ago:
I just purchased the Pool Rover Jr last month and cannot say anything bad about it at all. Well I guess that I can say one negative thing about it and that is the electrical cord needs to be un-wound every now and then but it is just a small thing that u will have to deal with any of the cleaners that use a electrical cord for power. It is one of the best things that I have got for the pool in my option. I think that the catch bag is 2 micron and it will really get the fine stuff off of the bottom of your pool that you can never be able to get with a regular net.. I think we paid 350.00 for ours at the pool store but you can find them for around 300.00 online and on EBay. The bottom line is I like mine and would spend the money again to have one. If you look at the specs. for the Pool Rover and the Jr. and one or two other ones that they make for AGP's?? they all use the same motor to power it so I opted for the cheaper of the 3 which was the JR( I think the main difference was the cord length). I think it is made in the good ole USA too

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We have a 15x30 AGP and use a Pool Rover. Just drop it in turn it on and watch it go. My only complant is it doesn't do a good job on the very edge of the pool, but I usually brush the edge to the middle and then away it goes. It does a very good job cleaning the hole pool.I would buy another one when this one wears out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.