What happens if....

Since we aren't even supposed to store them near each other I think it's a BAD thing. Also, they make a big deal about never mixing them in the pool. Should allow at least 30 mins between and only if the pump is running.

I'm sure someone with more actual experience or chemical reasoning will be along soon. I just wanted to make sure you had some type of answer as soon as possible.

From the CDC: http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/00015111.htm

On December 7, 1988, a patient assisting in janitorial duties mixed bleach with phosphoric acid cleaner. Immediately a noxious gas with a strong odor was detected and prompted the evacuation of two wards for 1-1/2 hours. Fire department personnel using self-contained breathing equipment disposed of the chemicals and ventilated the area.

The patient experienced vomiting, cough, and inspiratory discomfort; elevated blood pressure and fever were noted when the patient was treated in the emergency room. Five employees who helped evacuate the ward complained of symptoms including eye irritation and shortness of breath.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.