Paramount UltraUV

May 5, 2015
CA
Hi. My new pool has been up and running for about 2 weeks now and we have a Paramount UltraUV. For those that have one, how do you know this thing is on and running? There is a clear band around the middle but i have never seen it light up and also the pressure gauge on it flickers a bit but pressure is always very low (close to 0). Is there something wrong with it?

You probably aren't going to have much luck with this question here. Most, if not all of the regular posters here do not use UV systems in outdoor pools because they offer little to no benefit. Add to that the very sleazy way these units are sold and pushed on people by salesmen and pool builders and we have a very low opinion of UV systems on the board.

Perhaps someone with some experience will see this and chime in but you would be better off unplugging it and maintaining proper chlorine and CYA levels.

Hi. My new pool has been up and running for about 2 weeks now and we have a Paramount UltraUV. For those that have one, how do you know this thing is on and running? There is a clear band around the middle but i have never seen it light up and also the pressure gauge on it flickers a bit but pressure is always very low (close to 0). Is there something wrong with it?

I am quite sure that the internal bulb and / or its housing is broken. If you can, open it up and check. Also, make sure you don't touch the bulb or housing with bare hands - the oils in the hands will cause it to fail prematurely.
If the bulb and housing are intact, the startup guy forgot to connect the pressure switch - see page 10 here http://codypools.com/owners/sanitation/Paramount Ultra UV.pdf to see how to connect the switch.

If the switch is connected and bulbs are intact, you may have a 'flow' issue. Check to see that the valves to the UV are fully open and that water is indeed going through the unit at sufficient pressure. One way to check is to run pump at full speed and make sure valves to the UV are open.

If all these fail, you have a broken unit.. time to get a new one (warranty?)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.