Removing ladders

i'm assuming it's a conventional type ladder with the ends top that curl back behind the ladder and it anchors into a pool deck. if so, mine is a concrete deck that the ends go into. to remove it, i always have to wiggle it side to side as i pull up on the sides. i haven't tried it, but i imagine to make it easier to remove, putting some liquid dish soap into the space around where the ends go into the ground would make it slippier and easier to remove. mine looks like this basically.. on the top ends that go into the ground i have no flanges..just straight tube that goes into 2 holes that are about 4 inches deep in the concrete:

71.jpg

yeah, the wiggling is a pain, not easy and you want make sure if it has endcaps on the pool end tubes, one doesn't come off and scrape your liner if you have vinyl..my daughter had a goof ball buddy play with ours last year and ripped a 4 inch cut in my vinyl liner..i'm past it now and managed to patch it, but at the time, he could have become a drowned rat:)

There is a little more to removing mine. Under the stailess steel covers/flanges are bolts that must be loosened. These bolts tighten a wedge upagainst the the part of the ladder that is below ground. I loosen the bolts, tap them down and the ladder slides right out with no wiggling.

Hope this helps

GoBlue said:
There is a little more to removing mine. Under the stailess steel covers/flanges are bolts that must be loosened. These bolts tighten a wedge upagainst the the part of the ladder that is below ground. I loosen the bolts, tap them down and the ladder slides right out with no wiggling.

Hope this helps

hmmm..mine has some bolts that go into the ground under plastic flanges..i wonder if they do the same thing..dohhhh..doesn't really matter as i used a solar cover so i don't have the ladder in ever:)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.