Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Removing ladders

1. Back To Top    #1

Removing ladders

Is there a trick to this for inground pools? I can't seem to get mine out.

2. Back To Top    #2
    i'm assuming it's a conventional type ladder with the ends top that curl back behind the ladder and it anchors into a pool deck. if so, mine is a concrete deck that the ends go into. to remove it, i always have to wiggle it side to side as i pull up on the sides. i haven't tried it, but i imagine to make it easier to remove, putting some liquid dish soap into the space around where the ends go into the ground would make it slippier and easier to remove. mine looks like this basically.. on the top ends that go into the ground i have no flanges..just straight tube that goes into 2 holes that are about 4 inches deep in the concrete:

• 15K IG gunite/plaster pool • Pentair: Whisperflo EE 1 HP • Nautilus FNS + 48 DE Filter • IntelliChlor IC40 •
    • Spectrum Amerlite SAm • Admiral S20 Skimmer - Circular Weir • Kreepy Krauly •

3. Back To Top    #3

That looks like mine. I've tried the wiggling. Next time i'll try the soap. I thought there may be some trick to it.
    Thanks for your reply

4. Back To Top    #4
    yeah, the wiggling is a pain, not easy and you want make sure if it has endcaps on the pool end tubes, one doesn't come off and scrape your liner if you have vinyl..my daughter had a goof ball buddy play with ours last year and ripped a 4 inch cut in my vinyl liner..i'm past it now and managed to patch it, but at the time, he could have become a drowned rat
    • 15K IG gunite/plaster pool • Pentair: Whisperflo EE 1 HP • Nautilus FNS + 48 DE Filter • IntelliChlor IC40 •

5. Back To Top    #5

Have encaps, will wiggle.

6. Back To Top    #6
    There is a little more to removing mine. Under the stailess steel covers/flanges are bolts that must be loosened. These bolts tighten a wedge upagainst the the part of the ladder that is below ground. I loosen the bolts, tap them down and the ladder slides right out with no wiggling.

Hope this helps
    26' x 14' 18,400 gallon freshwater IG plaster w/spa; American Sandpiper high flow sand filter; Raypak RP2100 digital pump; rooftop solar heater.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue
    There is a little more to removing mine. Under the stailess steel covers/flanges are bolts that must be loosened. These bolts tighten a wedge upagainst the the part of the ladder that is below ground. I loosen the bolts, tap them down and the ladder slides right out with no wiggling.

Hope this helps
    hmmm..mine has some bolts that go into the ground under plastic flanges..i wonder if they do the same thing..dohhhh..doesn't really matter as i used a solar cover so i don't have the ladder in ever