How to choose!

Oct 12, 2015
Florida
Hi everyone. I'm new to the forums and a first time pool owner as of 3 weeks ago! I have found a few issues that I'm presented with. Due to the size/depth of my pool I keep getting quote upwards to 125 to 140 a month for cleaning service. This seems to be insane!

I can handle getting my own chemicals, an eventually switching to a low maintence salt system. In the mean time cleaning the pool as become my number 1 quest. I have a simple barracuda creepy crawler cleaner but it blows. The issue is I have such a Steep slope from the shallow area to the deep end the cleaner only gets half way up before gravity turn the suction hoes and the cleaner turns around. This great if you want half of a pool cleaned.

Therefore a robotic cleaner it is but I am so lost! There are so many different brands models and everything in between. At first I thought the Dolphin was the go to then I hear it's out dated go with the Polaris then i Read it's just an over price toy go with the Aquabot. I need advice prices models suggestions.

The pool is about 8 feet deep. I get a lot of smal leaves in the bottom so I need something that can handle that. Don't want to go too high and price but I want something with some decent features. Any how open to all suggestions!

I just purchased a new version of ThePoolCleaner... The Phoenix by Hayward. Although not a robot....land i dont have a deepend, this things is seriously awesome. Depending on your budget, you might wanna check into it if u think you might still want a suction side cleaner. Just thought id me tion it as i figured a suction cleaner would t so much good. I had a Kreepy Krauler before and it was horrible.

The PoolCleaner is also available in a four wheel version which does a much better job of climbing.

On the PoolCleaner there are floats on the hose that you can adjust to compensate for the weight of the hose. Changing the distance from the cleaner to the float usually solves the problem.

Welcome to TFP!

Do you have a dedicated suction port or do you have to run the suction cleaner through the skimmer?

What is your budget?

For the most part, the more you spend on a robot the more cleaning power it has.

I suggest to get a robot due to your pool configuration.

Dolphin's are not outdated, not sure where you got that information. They have many models to choose from and not all of them are available online. They have models that are built just for brick and mortar stores and others that are built for online sells. Like I said earlier, the more you spend on a robot the more cleaning power it has. Also look at the warranty length, the higher end robots will have a 3 year warranty compared to a 1 or 2 year warranty. I believe the Aquabot's have had some positive feedback from some users on the forum.

If you find a specific model that you are interested in, use the search function and see if anyone has posted a thread on it.

I also have a very deep pool with a crazy slope my deep end is ~14ft. I purchased the Hayward TigerShark and it has been amazing throw it in every 2 weeks or so and it leaves the pool spotless and climbs all of the walls with ease. cost me right around 1K.

the great this is no need to use the skimmer so it saved me the usual hassle of back-washing multiple times this year. only back-washed 1 time. I got mine from HD, because of the easy return policy if I didn't like it, but you can get it from multiple places online.

Hayward TigerShark Quick Clean Robotic Pool Cleaner in Grey with 55 ft. Cord-RC9990GR - The Home Depot

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.