pool light leak fix

Hi Yuyiwen,

I've never used these. I don't even have a light in my pool :(. So I can't say if they do or don't work, but here is a link that says "slide on power cord and push into conduit" and it has a couple of pictures that might help you get it figured out. http://www.poolpartsonline.com/p-738-cord-stopper.aspx

Hopefully someone who has used one will come along, and tell you if they work or not.

NOTE: If you do decide to attempt it, remember Safety 1st, so don't forget to throw the breaker. :)

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Have a wonderful day. :)

Hi OldPoolMan,

Good that you had hands-on experience with cord stopper. I attached a picture of my pool light in the original post. Do I remove (slide up) the original cord stopper (highlighted by the red pointer) and push in the new cord stopper?

Thank you!

Is water entering the light housing? The cord stopper is to prevent water going out the niche through the conduit which is what the light fixture sits in. If your trying to fix the light fixture the cord stopper is not for that.
You might need a new gasket or some marine epoxy for around the cord.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

You are right, mmirav! I am trying to fix the leak to the light housing itself. So, cord stopper is not the right choice. No wonder I could not find a way to install it :) Epoxy cures hard and the movement of the cord is going to break the seal, right? I will try to use silicon caulk to seal the cord area and see if it works.

Google nrs g/flex epoxy. Its a flexible marine epoxy. That might do the trick. Also it may be the gasket in the light fixture that is leaking.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.