Don't know the exact size of pool

Sep 21, 2015
Phoenix, az
Hi everyone,

I am almost near my closing date to purchase my house with a pool. However I have tried asking the seller the size of the pool. He said the home was a previous rental and doesn't know. Is there any way to calculate the size of the pool and how much water it holds?

Thanks

I'm assuming this is an inground pool correct? This page may help get you going: http://www.poolandspachemicals.co.uk/volcalc.htm. Once you get a basic number, then you can use the Poolmath calculator to really dial it in close. For example, let's say you estimate the pool to be 15,700 gallons, but every time you use the calculator to add bleach the FC result is higher. Then you know your initial pol size estimate was probably too small, so you increase the gallons on the calculator until the chemical result matches.

In addition, you'll see some pool calculation tools on that Poolmath calculator as well. That's a couple ways to get a good idea of your pool size.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.