Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy Valve Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy Valve Question

I'm about to start cutting everything out and redoing all my plumbing. But I had a question, I was planning on cutting out the valves because i'm replacing my 1 1/2" plumbing with 2". I have two 1 1/2" suction lines and two 1 1/2" return lines that I can't change that are going into these valves. Instead of cutting the valves out could I just cut the single end of 1 1/2" flush with the valve and then put the two inch pipe over it? Since the valve works with both?

I attached a pic of what i'm talking about.

thanks

vince
    Attached Images Attached Images
    46k gallon vinyl, Intelliflo VF, Quad DE 100, Autopilot DIG60, Raypak R405a, Bravo Fury Auto Cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Jandy Valve Question

You certainly can do what you describe, and it will be less expensive and simpler to install. That approach will have just the slightest bit more dynamic head (resistance to flow) than replacing the valve, hardly anything to worry about though.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School