Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
View attachment 43307View attachment 43308View attachment 43309

Couple of pics of my new Arctic Armor Safety Cover after installation this morning. It was very easy to do, a 2 beer job!

Laying it out evenly on all sides was the most difficult part, that snd figuring out how the strap to buckle arrangement worked.

My neighbor has a laser that we used to set the holes in line, but you could easily use a string line to do the same thing. All that is required is a $28.00 carbide drill bit.

It looks good and my wife really likes it. 'Nuff said!

Great job! :goodjob:

What manufacturer did you got with? GLI? Loop-loc? Very similar cover to mine, although mine has a few years on it and is green. Looks like along the long edges you have an anchor about every 4 feet. I believe my LL cover is about every 3 feet and also has an anchor and rib/seam running in the middle of the pool step on the end.

Installation really isn't too bad on these safety covers. The worst part of mine is that I'm not sure how the previous owners pulled the springs to hook on the anchors but all the ends are oval-shaped rather than round. Makes it very hard to use my anchor tool pipe for installing. :rant:

Arctic Armor is the manufacturer, at least that's what I'm led to believe. 20 year warranty with 2 years full replacement, we get such mild winters that I think it will last a long time.
It still needs to be tensioned, most of the springs are only compressed 1/4 of the way.

Sounds like your previous owner used the old vice-grip method of installation!

Arctic Armor is the manufacturer, at least that's what I'm led to believe. 20 year warranty with 2 years full replacement, we get such mild winters that I think it will last a long time.
It still needs to be tensioned, most of the springs are only compressed 1/4 of the way.

Sounds like your previous owner used the old vice-grip method of installation!

That was my guess as well. Next spring I'll probably take them all off and try to squeeze them back closer to round with a vice grip or vice, I guess.

I was also going to ask what type of anchors it came with. Are they the threaded, screw-type anchors or the spring-loaded, pop-up type? I actually have two sets of anchors in my pool deck. One set is the pop up style, the other is the threaded style. I still have to use a few of the pop up style and they are a pain in the rear-end. Never stay down when you want them to, never come up when you want them to. Do not hold up well over time. I think the threaded ones are a much better design.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.