Hot Springs Grandee Control panel flashing solid colors

wpbucher

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 7, 2012
South-Central Pennsylvania
Hi,

In the summer, we use our pool and spillover spa. I closed the Hot Springs spa in May. I followed the winterizing instructions in the owners manual except for adding antifreeze. No need since I knew I would open before a frost.

I filled the tub. When I flipped the circuit breakers to provide power, the display is displaying a solid color (blue, green, orange, white, etc). It just keeps repeating. Each color is displayed for maybe a second.

I pressed the JETS button and the jets work. I tried the lights... I don't think they are working....not sure since the screen is unusable.

Eventually the screen goes black (just like it would under normal use). When I press a button, the colors start to display again.

When jets are off the filter pump is running.

Any idea what is the problem and solution?

Thanks TFP!!!

This morning I went out to check water chemistry. When I dipped the sample container, I could tell the temp was not 98 degrees. I pressed the back button and the solid-color-show-for-a-second-display was back. I shut off the power and waited about 10 seconds. Did not fix.

Any ideas as to why...and a permanent solution?

Thanks TFP!!!

I also tried shutting off for 2 minutes. Did not fix. The salt cell on my tub is kaput. I have a new one. I was waiting to install until I got the chemistry perfect. Now I'm glad I didn't, because that just adds another variable. Unless, the bad cell has something to do with the display.

It is very strange that when it started to work....it just started to work. I didn't power it down....it just started working. I wonder what triggered it to stop working during the night?

Any help appreciated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.