Any seals that are part of the pump motor itself?

Feb 21, 2014
dfw tx
So I have a 12yr old challenger pump when it works it works as a champ lately its been eating seals once a year but its no big deal since its toward the end of the summer when I mow the grass short and some of the clippings end up in the pool impeller ( i still can't figure out how)

Anyway this last week it started leaking water so i figure its the seal. Replace the seal ps100 and it works for about half a minute and then it starts shooting out water again. Take it apart and make sure seal still seated perfect and it is. Back together and its still leaking like crazy. Pull out my plumbers usb camera and the water is coming out behind the last seal right against the housing of the pump. mine doesn't have any seal when i removed it and its never had it. The housing is already rusting so just making sure i can't do anything to save this pump setup vs replacing it.

currently its 1hp is 1.5hp a ok stepup? wont hurt anything?

hmmm weird i wonder what the difference is, i've changed it twice with a ps100 and both times its held water for 6-8 months.

Digging thru the pump i've only encountered the pump seal. Im not sure where the plate seal gasket is but all the other ones i've changed last year and they were good.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry just looked it up i did order and install the ps200 shaft seal.

Changed out the entire pump motor and still got the same problem. Put in old seal vs new seal same problem.

Changed impeller bolt same problem

Changed impeller itself same problem.

Took apart and seals are still in place everything seems normal I can't figure this out. Crappy pics from plumbers camera:

u0hpuI6.jpg

GDHx2kt.jpg

dEDJbQH.jpg

vg3pKHu.jpg

Any help?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.