light issues before first fill...Help

Dear forum members,

After many months of slow progress after the main structure was completed, mainly advancing during the weekends, I have finally set-up all the electrical wiring. Tomorrow I will finalize the plumbing section to hook-up the pump, skimmer, filter and returns.

The pool is made of reinforced concrete, and the light niche (pentair) was not fitted properly at the time of pouring. Mainly, the front portion protrudes about one inch from the inside of the wall. But that basically did not bother me... until today. The light is a Pentair Intellibrite 5G white LED.

After running the cables through the conduit, including the 8 AWG ground wire, I noticed that after tightening the top screw of the light fixture the rim does not create a "perfect" seal on the niche. On the upper half, it looks all right... but the lower portion (the one with the little hook) has a 0.5 to 1.0 millimeter gap... this will flood the inside of the niche. By the way, the niche did not come with any type of gasket, nor did the light.

I have a few questions:

1. Assuming that the niche was fitted to perfection... is this gap normal ???
2. Is the niche supposed to be flooded...? and can the back portion of the light be wet / flooded ???
3. Pentair does not include the conduit "cord seal grommet assembly" (blows my mind that a cheap seal is not included in this expensive light)... anyway... if I can´t get the grommet on time (I live in the Republic of Panama), can I seal the conduit with expansive foam to prevent water from entering ???

Many thanks in advance for your advise and help.

Kind regards,

Luis

Hi Dave !!!

Gracias, gracias, gracias !!! and many more thanks... this is a relief for me.

One more question... the inside portion of the niche has the bronze lug with the screw... here is were the 8 AWG ground cable runs to the ground screw of the 12 V transformer, right ??? and the outside portion of the niche, with the other screw is were the bonding cable is attached to.

regards,

luis

here is a picture of the pool...

IMG_7593[1].jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.