Pool lights

Titan7

LifeTime Supporter
May 9, 2015
Peoria, AZ
Getting into the final stages before signing a contract. Regular 110 pool light and spa light std, 3 of the Jandy muliti color nitchless led in the pool, 1 in the spa is a 1500 upgrade. This is a free form pool with a lot of curves. The larger LEDs nitched would allow for 2 in the pool one in the spa. Lighting might not be as good as the 3 nitchless. Suggestions?

I am starting my build next week and my contractor is really big on Savi Melody LED lights. Especially in free form pools with large tanning/baja shelves. Savi lights only need 4 inches of water. I am installing 4 in my pool. 2 for the main body and 1 in each baja shelf. Savi Melody P work with Pentair controllers.

That's the type of lights these are, can be put in 4" of water.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the basic design we updated it today, bigger Baja step that tie in steps near the house, equipment moved to side of house, more pavers, no planter wall at the rear.

7E8CE461-2E6A-4AC0-96BC-46D0A06F64F2_zps53ydoufd.jpg

4FC04F89-8080-4BCF-9173-4C249AC6DC4A_zpsfc3czwrn.jpg

This is closer to the new design. The Baja step will wrap in the steps towards the house. The curves on the pool are more like the top design. Rear planter wall being replaced by a 6 ft wall like the wall on the right side

I recently changed out my 300 watt incandescent screw in type pool lights to Screw in replacement LEDs. I have my two 110v niches in the pool and one in the spa lit up now by Bulbwizards Pool bright bulbs at $169 each (Amazon). A real bargain over similar lights costing $100 more. Excellent reviews so far.

The old 300 watt lights were an overkill-washed out my landscape lighting. These LEDs put out less light. I did find them to be a lot more uni directional than I expected..., more like a narrow flood light than a wider flood effect. The two are installed on the pools curved right side, i.e. on each side of the "bump out" created from my joined spa. As you can see from the picture, these locations created a darker area in the middle; but I found this to give a very interesting look to the pool, vs having the entire pool washed in the color in a uniform manner. The only downside was that the Baja shelf does not catch the light much. Would be cool if I had the savi small led for just the shelf. As for my spa, no problem... The single Bulbwizrd light it up completely.

Ive seen some mixed reviews with the nichless LEDs, but hard to say whether there is a large enough sampling of reviewers to get a reliable record going on these nichless lights.

Needless to say, Lighting is a big part of the design, so do as much online research as you can. I also find that looking at manufactures brochure pics can be a little misleading as to what yours will look like. Would obviously be a huge advantageous your PB can refer you to pools in your area with these lights. (Heck, I drove an hour away to see a pool finish before choosing what I ended up with).

Cheers.

Z-LED%20Lites_zps4pqqjezm.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.