Measuring by weight or volume ?

Since calcium chloride generates a LOT of heat (which is why it is used to melt ice) when it dissolves I would predissolve it. When you broadcast it over the water it can fall on the liner and the generated heat would not be good. (Not so much an issue for plaster but I still don't recommend broadcasting.) Pouring it into the skimmer would be even worse, IMHO!
If you doubt the amount of heat just put some in a bucket of water and stir it with your hand! (Don't say I didn't tell you so when you are treating the burns! Well, perhaps that's a slight exaggerations--or is it? :shock: )

waterbear said:
Since calcium chloride generates a LOT of heat (which is why it is used to melt ice) when it dissolves I would predissolve it. When you broadcast it over the water it can fall on the liner and the generated heat would not be good. (Not so much an issue for plaster but I still don't recommend broadcasting.) Pouring it into the skimmer would be even worse, IMHO!
If you doubt the amount of heat just put some in a bucket of water and stir it with your hand! (Don't say I didn't tell you so when you are treating the burns! Well, perhaps that's a slight exaggerations--or is it? :shock: )

Not an exaggeration. I remember how hot the outside of the bucket was!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Tonights water test is

FC 10.5
CC .5
TC 11
CYA 30
CH 50
TA 70

Water is cloudy but I can see the bottom of the pool. Backwashed the filter tonight since my CYA reading seems to be stable so that might clear up the water. Backwash was NASTY !!

Will low TA and I believe high PH make water cloudy ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.