SLAM Success! Now on to Killing Metal Stains!

Sep 14, 2015
Grapevine Texas
hi all,
So my SLAM was a complete and total success! Here I am a week later still trying to get my FC level down! The water is crystal clear and I've turned my SWG down to 50%, decreased my pump run time to about 12 hours per day. My FC level is still 21! Amazing.

So, I'm considering starting my ascorbic acid treatment. I have nasty metal stains on the liner. I know this as I've tried ascorbic acid before and it clears them up...only to return in a week or so. That's before I found the experts at TFP!

I ended up buying 9 lbs of ascorbic acid from the Chemistry Store link I found here, so in theory I should have plenty for my pool. I've read and read again the post here on ascorbic acid treatment.

My issue is simply going to be getting the FC level down to a point where I don't need 50 lbs of ascorbic acid. I sure hate the thought of cleaning out the bleach section at WalMart again to get my FC back up, but so be it! I'm determined to get my liner back to the blue color it once was.

Any suggestions? I have some Chlorine neutralizer I bought at my local Leslie's. Short of dumping that in there, not sure how to get my FC level down quickly.

Also, I'm a little confused about what to add to the water when I'm starting my treatment, i.e. sequestering agent.

Thanks all!

Cut your pump run time down to 6 hours and turn off your SWG. Continue to monitor your FC. It should drop down. You can use lots of 3% hydrogen peroxide to neutralize chlorine but turning off the chlorine source and waiting is the safest method

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt,
Will do. This pool water has never looked better. Cleaning my filter cartridges (again) they look like green slime and my pressure was going through the roof 30psi on the filter.
I'm hoping I can get through till spring with these cartridges. They're about a year and a half old.

Scott

Yep. That green gunk is all the algae crud from the SLAM. If you maintain the TFP recommended levels, your pool will remain awesome. There are members here who have not had to SLAM their pools for nearly 10years since first getting them TFP clean.

We'll get to those metal stains soon enough. Just let that FC drift down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.