Hayward H350FD "LO Service" @ 35GPM?

Call Hayward. This unit is still under warranty so why mess with it yourself and void any warranty you have. LO is not just a code for low water pressure.

Without messing with the heater itself, make sure you have the check valves were installed correctly.

Also, a picture of your setup might help us as well. Maybe you have a valve closed or not open all the way.

What happens if you boost the pumps speed?

Well if turning the pump speed up turns it off, then that is where you need to use it then. There are no adjustments you need to make to the heater. Some might tell you to mess with the pressure switch but that is not needed. To really know your flow, you would need a flow meter installed into the plumbing. Just because the pump says XXGPM doesn't mean that is whats' coming out once it goes thru the filter. And filter pressure gauge could be off. Have you tried cleaning the filter just for the heck of it? I don't see the multiport valve on the filter.

I would also call Hayward and see what they tell you since the unit is obviously under a warranty.

I am just going to clean the filter which is what Hayward suggested when I called them yesterday. I guess I'm just disappointed because the old heater never had any such problems and one of the reasons for having a variable speed pump is to be able to run it at the lower money saving speeds sometimes. I'll report back after cleaning. I've also just ordered some new cartridges.

Yes that is true as to why you get a variable speed but the heater has to have a certain flow coming into it or it will not operate correctly. Most folks run it lower speed for normal use but when they want the heater, they kick it up. No way around running the heater with low flow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.