Saltwater conversion...

Aug 19, 2015
Maine
If anyone is interested, I recently installed the Chlormaker IL system in my tiger river tub and I am more than impressed. Since my tub is 110v on a 20amp circuit, instead of pulling a new power feed, I ran a feeder off the existing IQ panel terminal block to keep everything contained. After adding five cups of pool salt it was up and running and producing chlorine. If it lasts a year, it will have paid for itself just in chlorine savings! My only word of caution is if you run ozone, the injector needs to be placed after the salt cell. If placed before, because of the head loss through the cell, water will push itself out of the injector instead of sucking air.

Thank you for the advice. I actually filled the tub with water from the pool just before closing. With that, I typically rely on the company who installed the pool to check the stabilizer level. Evidently, when they came to close the pool, they were not impressed that I converted the pool to salt and built a control panel to run the pump, swg and heater. To that point, they made some less than professional comments on my paid invoice receipt. Can you recommend an accurate test kit that measure CYA? I am guessing it would be one of the Taylor's?

Any help is appreciated!

Yes, either the TFTestkits TF-100 or the Taylor K-2006 have CYA tests with the former measuring down to 20 ppm and the latter measuring down only to 30 ppm. You can get a CYA-only kit, but really you should get a full test kit that is good and those are the two we recommend. You really should have a FAS-DPD chlorine test kit to accurately measure your chlorine level and your daily chlorine demand so you can quickly and easily know how to set your saltwater chlorine generator for background dosing and then add chlorine after each soak to handle the bather waste.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.