therapy jets in pool bench

Aug 6, 2015
Jacksonville, FL
In our contract for our pool, we are supposed to have 3 therapy jets built into a bench on one end of our pool. I noticed that there are no openings for such items and I've mentioned it to my contractor a couple of times. He said that one of his employees likes to install them personally to ensure that they are lined up properly. Well, we have the concrete down, the pipes run along the pool, and where the bench is there are two square openings that are cut out not in the bench but along it. They appear to be returns, but I'm not positive.

Does anybody here have any pictures of what I should be looking for to ensure that this is not overlooked? This is what the bench looks like toward the back of the pool with the cutouts.

I could never speculate on what a contractor does or how they do things. Everybody does things differently. I have seen contractors add things after the fact so it can happen.

Thanks. I know the contractor may have multiple things going on and I'd hate to bother him unnecessarily, but since I'm new to this process I don't know precisely when things occur. I don't want to pester him, but I don't want things to get so far along that it ends up being a major headache to go back and correct something that could be addressed sooner. What exactly do typical therapy jets in pools like like anyway? Do they look like what you'd find in a spa or something different entirely?

Hi. I have two at my stairs and two on a Roman end bench at the deep end. They are just return lines. I thought they'd be more like the force of jacuzzi jets but I still like them. Especially when the heater is on. It's nice on your back but the name is a bit misleading IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I wasn't sure what to look for, but when I got home I noticed that all the pipes had been put in and capped and the edge around the pool was back filled so I suspect things weren't done as they should be. I emailed the contractor, but I haven't heard back from him yet.

Yes it would look just like a normal pool return but they should insert an actual jet that then causes the water to be forced thru it and causes a strong push of water onto the person sitting in front of it. There also needs to be a pipe sticking up out of the ground that sucks in the air to create the bubbling effect. In a spa setup, there is usually blower motor that forces air into the spa jets.

Yes it would look just like a normal pool return but they should insert an actual jet that then causes the water to be forced thru it and causes a strong push of water onto the person sitting in front of it. There also needs to be a pipe sticking up out of the ground that sucks in the air to create the bubbling effect. In a spa setup, there is usually blower motor that forces air into the spa jets.

Perfect! That is what's there. I did notice that, although I haven't heard back from the contractor, a third pipe was put in yesterday. That's really the only highlight I have since this is the slow part of the process, which my builder told me about. Of course, I'm anxious to see the finished product and apart from this one slight detail oversight I've been pretty pleased with everything so far.

We have 2 of these in our stairs. The jets can be adjusted for direction and flow. As well there is an air control on the decking to control air to create a bubbling effect. We ran a 1 line to these 'spa return' jets only and a line for the other 4 returns in the pool. Diverted to the 2 jets only makes nice effect when hanging out on the steps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.