Urgent maybe...might have mixed chemicals too close...mueratic acid and phos free???

Jul 21, 2015
houston
I had to add quart of MA to my 20k pool tonight. I dikuted,poured in deep end, then took garbage out.

Without thinking,on way back in, I added my Perfect Weekly prevetative.

Now a sweet smell sort of in air. My spa jets were on open, so foamed dome, figured just smelling PW more due to that....

Did not see any warnings of don't mix with acid, vice versa, but know and usually do, that you're supposed to wait 10 minutes or more between adding chemicals.

Can't find MDMS on PW Sson wondering if any knew if I just screwed myself. I breathed fine, sweet smell kinda overwhelming..but PW smells stout out of bottle too.

I can't find an MSDS either, but their advertising says its PhosFree, a clarifier and a liquid solar cover. I'm not feeling like there is a big problem other than what you are spending for that stuff.

I have to ask, are you following our methods or Leslie's?

I use ya'lls and really have a trouble free pool, no issues (other than adding acid daily still-am 2 months post replaster w/River Rok).

We had some bad g/f and neighbors bug pine branch snapped and tons of debris in our pool while we were out of town. My phosphates were 3500. FC, CYA, TA, CH, pH, all fine, but since ao high I did Sea Klear phos remover to get to 200 ppm. Leslie's gave me a bottle of PW when I bought some other things, so figure I'd use it till its gone

Well, our methods are based on only adding what your pool needs, when it needs it. We add specific items for specific purposes and combination "magic" potions are not recommended.

We tell folks to ignore phosphates as in a properly chlorinated pool their level is meaningless. The "high" phophate numbers are used by pool stores as scare tactics to sell unneeded products.

Clarifiers are another product that have certain specific uses, but are never recommended as maintence uses.

I would recommend not continuing to use it because you have it.

The only way you knew you had high phosphates is because you took them water and let them scare you into purchases you didn't need.

When junk gets in the pool all you need to do is scoop it out and maintain your chlorine levels.

+1 what Tim5055 just said.
I use ya'lls and really have a trouble free pool
Well, not really. You are adding many things that serve no purpose in your pool other than to lighten your wallet.

I know you didn't ask the question but you should stop adding all those things you don't need.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.