Algaecide 60% Non-Foaming - added to pool,drain off 6 inches into pond with fish?

dw9000

Aug 17, 2014
NW Ohio
I wanted to get my algecide into the pool and run the pump for 24 hrs, so I've added it. Now I am going to drain off about 6-10" to get below skimmer intakes (to winterize)
Will it be ok if I drain that water into my near by pond with fish in it? The pond is about 1 acre in size so I wouldn't think it would be a problem but I don't want to harm my fish. Otherwise, I will have to drain it down into a shallow ditch between my neighbor and I and I don't want him upset.

What is the specific algecide used? Make/model/contents?

Are there any warnings on the bottle?

My gut reaction would be not to drain intoi the pond with fish, but that is just me. Not only the algecide but chlorine is toxic to fish.

Dw9000, I too am worried about upsetting the ecosystem of the pond.

But just so you know, my pool tech closes without draining using duck plugs and a gizmo in the skimmer. I'll try to dig up the link to the gizmo that lets you blow out the lines with water in the skimmer and post it in case you're interested in this approach -- assuming you don't have waterline tile or anything that could be damaged by ice.

Blowout Skimmer Guard - Winter Pool Closing Accessories for In-Ground Pools

Amazon.com : Anderson WDP150 Winter Duck Plug : Swimming Pool Winterizing Chemicals : Patio, Lawn Garden

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.